Taylor Gang head honcho Wiz Khalifa recently discussed the open letter he penned earlier in the year critiquing the sound of his "Rolling Papers" album, and the rapper still thinks it sounded too pop. According to Wiz, the album was in response to naysayers who thought he could only do raps about marijuana.
"I'm a different type of dude. I critique myself way harder than anybody else could critique me. Whether people know it or not, when I go in the booth or when I pick my beats or with my artwork, everything is really detailed and I get down into it. I know what went into making that album and I know what went into making my other projects, so I know where I could have went a little stronger or where I could have done what I felt was more natural...My cousin kind of put it to me the best earlier today. he was like, on "Rolling Papers", I was more or less trying to show my skills, what I could do. Versatility. Everybody was like, 'You're a weed rapper.' I was like, 'OK, I can show them different stuff.'"
"Rolling Papers" did well commercially, but Wiz will have to answer to fans of his older projects like "Kush & Orange Juice" on his next album.
SOURCE: VLADTV.COM


No comments:
Post a Comment